Friday, January 27, 2012

Ball Mason Jar Drink Dispenser

So there I was...pinning, and pinning, and pinning...and then! I saw it! Not just a Mason Jar (which I love so much I have dedicated a board just to all things Mason Jar....titled "Mason Jar Love.")
I'm so obvious right?!

So I repinned it of course...

 
and followed the link to check out the price.


$69!!!! hahaaaaa, you gotta be kidding me!
Seriously, I am cheap like that.

Plus I thought for a hot second before I realized...Wait a minute...I can make that!

I knew that Hobby Lobby sold oversized Ball Mason Jars...oh, and I had a 50% off coupon that I found online the other day. I searched the internet for spigots to put on the jar I would buy from Hobby Lobby...$15...$18...$20!! No thanks. I could always find a cheap glass drink dispenser and take the spigot from it...Yeah. That's the plan.

So, Friday rolled around...my project day. I went to Hobby Lobby...happily picked up my oversized Mason jar...(half off, thank you very much.) Then as I head up to check out I saw a tall apothecary jar drink dispenser...$30.00...darn it. I had a 40% off coupon on my phone, but even that would only be like $20 after the coupon. Still not cheap enough. So I gave up, and decided to head over to HomeGoods to see what they had. I might get lucky. But I didn't, they had nothing.

So then I head over to Goodwill...walked around for about 5 minutes...then I saw it. Would you believe that I found the very apothecary jar that Hobby Lobby was selling for $30...for $4!!! YES!!! $4!!!! I had to laugh at myself a little, because just a week ago I was laughing to my Mom about how I saw a lady on HGTV who found exactly what she was looking for at a thrift store. What were the chances I thought! Well, obviously...the chances were pretty good...and I was SURELY in luck!

So I headed home, and after a few youtube videos on gutting glass, and some help from Husby to find the right Dremel tools...I was in business.

Here's a little video fun...how the project went down!




And a few photos of the finished product!




Enjoy! And be sure to click here ---->  Pin It


I would love to see other projects like this!! :)


7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing! Great job. My birthdays in November hahaha

Meghann said...

Fantastic!! Great job! Your tutorial video cracked me up! ;)

Hannah said...

I like your version better. :)

Jaime Tucker said...

This looks FABULOUS!!! I just love mason jars.

Anonymous said...

I just have to comment...
I also wanted the pottery barn mason jar dispenser, but like you-felt the price was sliiighttllyy elevated! Thank you for putting this tutorial online, I am now on the hunt for a cheap spigot! Great job & thank you!!!

Unknown said...

love your blog!new follower!

If you want follow me back!
http://redlipsblogger.blogspot.it/

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!! I've been looking on line for over an hour for a tutorial as the prices are ridiculous for the glass dispensers. I'm confident now to give it a try! Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails