Thursday, October 01, 2009

Page Views, Visits and such

April writing...

I got curious today. So I checked in on my Sitemeter.


Which is now registering at 12, 384 Visitors to our blog since we began in November of 2007. I wanted even more detail so this is what I found.

Here's where our last 100 visitors originated from...


This is 2009's Visits by Month: Apparently March and April were really exciting months with over 1000 visitors each!


This is 2009's Visits and Page Views by Month: Site Meter tracks page views and visits. You may also have heard the term "hits". When someone comes to your site, they generate a "hit" for every piece of content that is sent to their computer. Viewing a single web site page would generate one hit for the page and one hit for every individual graphics file that was on the page. A single page could easily generate a dozen or more hits. When you are browsing a site, every time you follow a link, it is treated as a single "page view". Site Meter defines a "visit" as a series of page views by one person with no more than 30 minutes in between page views.

So yeah, I still don't really get what this is all about, but here it is...(ha)


In March alone we had about 1100 visitors and only 123 comments. It is most definitely a common theme on our site...lots of visitors...very few comments. Not sure why...is it that some people feel like they have to sign up to comment? Cause you don't...you can totally leave an Anonymous comment (although I would love it if you did that, at least sign your name...I love to know who it WAS that commented). There are other options for leaving comments as well...using a LiveJournal, Wordpress, Typepad or AIM Name, or just leave your name and a URL to your website (optional).

We love reading comments...it bring a special sense of sharing to the Blog community!!!

I have to admit there have been posts where I won't get one comment and I feel so let down. haha...funny how I look for (comment) love in all the wrong places! :P

Anyways...just putting it out there...that came up from the topic of the post...I really did just come to blog about my Visitors and the locations of visitors...haha!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails