Friday, December 21, 2007

It's DECEMBER????

April writing...
So after much commenting from Cory that he now had officially blogged more than me this month, I figured it would be time to check in!!!
So December, WOW! I mean talk about coming fast!!! I was hit with December like a two-by-four across my noggin! I was NOT prepared for Christmas shopping this year..unless years past when my goal is to be complete by the end of November. In fact, as I sit here typing on December 21st...I have ONE person completely done. ONE! Out of 1, 2, 3, 4....9 people!!! Not good. So, needless to say Cory and I will be SHOPPING this weekend. DARN IT...and with all those other NUTTY last minute people too! MAN! This is why I try to avoid it and get done early!
The month started off pretty well...I went to Lisa's (A friend from church) Annual Tea. Exchanged ornaments and had brunch with some wonderful ladies!! That night (the 8th) was SUPPOSED to be out Cookie Exchange (Me, Tammy and Cristy...Sis and Mom in law) but all our ladies, with the exception of 4 of them (out of 16) couldn't make it. So we canceled. It was sad, who wants to miss out on 18 dozen DIFFERENT cookies?!?!
Cory and I went to the RAVENS game on the 9th...you can read more about our after game experience below in Cory's entry from that date. It was COLD but we had a blast together, as always!
On the 14th we had our Annual Gingerbread House night...it was a TON of fun. Cory and I made a double-decker house...SKILL huh?!?! I will post some pictures when I get home from work later. (Yes I am at work, and yes I realize I should be working, but I am about to leave in 10 minutes for the holiday...so in my mind I am already off! :) ) Anywho...it was great. John and Cristy (my in laws) took home top honors in our Award categories that night. Check back for pictures!!!
On the 15th we had our Young Adult Christmas party...it was a ton of fun. We played Pop Cranium, which...if you haven't played...you must. It has grown to be a group favorite and BOY do we get competitive!!!
On the 16th, Cory and I brought home a new puppy. Her name is Olive and she too is a Jack Russell Terrier like our other pup, Pickle. She is about 18 months old and Pickle is now about 4 and a half. This past week we have been working to make sure they get along...and now they do. There are a few snarls here and there, but for the most part they are getting along great. Even taking naps by each other. I will ADD pics!!!
Last night, the 20th...our church hosted a "Spike the Ball" party for the church staff and leadership and Elders. It was really nice. We just gathered together to fellowship and discuss the GOOD STUFF that God has done for our church and how we have touched and helped so many lives. Two members shared their stories and they greatly touched me. One was of a single mother who at a low point in her life truly learned to depend on God for him to take care of her and send people into her life and he did. The other was a gentlemen whom, on the verge or retirement adopted his nephew into his family out of an alcoholic environment and is not raising him with is wife. He talked about feeling bitter about not getting recognition from his family for postponing retirement to take care of the little on, when in actuality he was doing what God desired and taking care of him through his new son. ("When I was hungry, you fed me. When I was thirsty, you gave me a drink...") It was just an overall good morale booster and Cory and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Which brings us back to now...I am heading out to take Olive to the vet for a checkup, help out a friend set up her Webcam so she and her family can have Christmas with a friend overseas and to go Christmas shopping.
Cory and I both wish you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Talk to you soon! And remember...check back for photos!!!!! We have LOTS to share!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails