Friday, December 11, 2009

All I want for Christmas are reasons to blog!

April writing...

And lately it seems all I've had are excuses. I have no real explanation, other that the typical...busy busy busyness!

The holidays are creeping up on us and even though Cory and I only buy a limited amount of Christmas presents, we have only bought 1 so far!! Yeah, yeah I know...we better get on the ball! And we will. Next week :P

I am eagerly anticipating my 7 days off between Christmas Eve and New Years Day. That's not counting the 4 weekend days surrounding those days. *le sigh* I am super stoked!!

On the bummer side of things, Cory had to go back to midnights...his short stint working a specialized unit is over...now I am back to filling our queen bed all by myself for 6 days a week. I was surprised, it was a pretty noticeable readjustment. I thought I would just fall back into the routine I have had for the past 3+ years. Well I haven't been sleeping well, once I finally DO fall asleep. So I hope that works itself out soon. Cory seems to be adjusting pretty well, falling back into his old routine, so I am happy about that.

He actually took off two nights this weekend so we could enjoy the Holiday parties that we have. In fact, I am attending a Cookie Exchange tonight. Taking these little beauties...and when I say little...I mean little. We were only making half-dozens, but I ended up making a full dozen for each person, cause I couldn't see giving away 6 cookies the size of half-dollars! They are delicious. The melt-in-your-mouth type cookies! I can't wait to see what I come home with!

I dropped by my sister-in-law's house last night to pass off some meatballs for the event and saw her house. It was decorated so beautifully! A far cry from my decor this year...



I know. Lame. But I just couldn't see getting the house all gussied up for nothing. (other that the pure joy of it...and that seemed, well, pretty lame too.) We aren't hosting any holiday parties this year, and we don't have gifts to put under the tree (the limited present thing) and I am working on a project for my bay window so that space is taken up. See? So it just didn't make sense. Maybe next year...or when we have kids...maybe both will happen next year! :P

Oh wait! I do have a wreath on the door and my kissing ball hanging in the entryway to the hallways...those count too! :)

Anywho. After tonight, we have two other Christmas parties. Our VERB Leadership party tomorrow night and then the VERB Christmas Party on Sunday night! Then it's pretty smooth sailing through Christmas.

It is really a great time of year...you just gotta hold on the schedule a bit! :)

Until next time...which may be soon or in another week. I will try and light a fire under my tookus to write more...we shall see how that goes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails