Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting to know Yule...

April writing...

Getting to know all about yule...
This seemed like something fun to do given the season!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper...and if I were rich, I would buy the REALLY pretty feely kind.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I am artificial all the way. Less mess. Pre-lite...thank you.

3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving. This year...instead of the one big tree, I did my three small trees in the bay window. It's so cheery.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually right after New Years. NO LATER than January 5th!

5. Do you like eggnog? GAG!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Our first hamster. It's my most vivid Christmas morning memory. Mom and Dad locked us away in the basement (where our bedroom was) early the night before...and we wanted to be upstairs so badly. We knew they were wrapping our presents. We tried desperately to peak through the slots in the door at the top of the steps. Christmas morning, we were awakened by a strange sound from the living room....we crept up the stairs...peeked around the corner and saw a hamster cage with our new little friend running on his wheel! We were SO excited!

7. Hardest person to buy for? It's always been my sisters boyfriends/husband.

8. Easiest person(s) to buy for? Cory. I have never had an issue with it.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not quite yet. I am desperately trying to find ways to slowly collect the oh so expensive Willow Tree Nativity Set. My MIL thought she got it for me one year...but when we opened it, it was only the Shepherd part of the set. That along was close to $50!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? WHEN I do them...Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I actually got a SWEATER from a friend one year. I mean...one of those good-lord-awful Christmas ones too. And they were dead serious. It was not a joke gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Gosh..."A Christmas Story," "Elf," and probably the classic, "It's a Wonderful Life."

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Well, before we started this new way of Christmas thinking...we usually started in October. It was my GOAL to be completed by December 1st.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sad to say, I have.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Pepsi Ham. :)

16. Lights on the tree? Yes and white only please.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I have many...I LOVE Christmas music. But I really like "Oh Holy Night" (most any version), Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You," Silver Bells," and "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow."

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME!!!! I love the fact that my extended family is all within 10 minutes from each other. PERFECT!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I will try...Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Dasher, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Rudolph??? Did I get them all?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have done both...

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well....Cory and I have always opened our gifts on Christmas Eve as we are usually out at families houses on Christmas Day. So that's always been our Christmas.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Hmmm...I would say the feeling of HAVING to get a gift for people.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Silver and Bright Blue. I like Snowflakes and Glitter too.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Our family tradition is Hawaiian Chicken at my In-Laws.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To relax and enjoy time with my family and friends. No debt, no stress, remember the true reason for the season!

NOW...TAG your it!!! Post this to your Blog and let me know you did it!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails