Friday, May 14, 2010

Saying Goodbye...

The best way we know how...is having fun, laughing and sharing great memories!! My family and I have been in Memphis, TN since Wednesday am. We buried our Grandfather today with lots of family and friends, many we haven't seen in years! It was a great time of celebration. Celebration of life, of love and of family!

Enjoy some pictures. This should tide you over till I can get back into my routine at home and back to blogging regularly.

At the service...

IMG_4776

After the service, we took pictures...lots of pictures! (It's alright, we were all in great spirits after some "mighty good" southern food!

IMG_4846

IMG_4845

...and here are all the girls doing the Whitten Gals Pose...it's pretty infamous around here...

IMG_4820

After that...there was napping...lots of napping...

IMG_4888

I love my cousins!

IMG_2966

And me and the Sisters are nuts!

IMG_2928

We also went to visit my Dad's parents, Gma and Gpa Sharpe...

IMG_2890

IMG_2900

IMG_2902

Grandpa told us tons of stories!! Our favorites were about Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and their Honeymoon. Here is a quick video of his Elvis story...he even sang us a quick song.

Grandpa Sharpe talks about Elvis from April Eslick on Vimeo.



So cute.

IMG_2914

I have plenty more to share...and I will later...for now I am off to hang with the family in the hotel lobby...on our last night together!

3 comments:

Myya said...

What a great post! I love the military picture of him. I'm sure your grandpa is beyond thrilled that you are all there together sharing family memories & making new ones. I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Well I am so glad that under the circumstances you all had a good time:) and by the way grandpa sharpe.. is totally cute.!

Rebecca said...

Your g-pa left behind some extraordinary folks. Sorry he's not in your life anymore. He seemed like quite a guy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails