Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Kitchen Makeover - Is it too late to change my mind?

I know. We just re-did the Kitchen back in '06 (at least I think it was in '06...ha)  and oh how I wish we were re-doing it now, because my style...gosh even our style has changed. So follow along in my little dream world. It's so pretty here...and one day...maybe one day...we can do a kitchen overhaul, on a budget and get just what I am looking for!

this post is heavy on the pictures...
but I couldn't show you what I loved...
without including them...
enjoy them with me...
drool with me...
dream with me...
:)

First of...I want white cabinets and stainless steel. Even though I liked stainless steel back then, we just couldn't afford it at the time. Thanks to younghouselove.com for many of these pictures!





I love butcher block and dark countertops...

 



I love Subway tile!





I love open shelving or glass front cabinet doors...







And as you can see in MANY of these pictures, I love splashes of color...teals, yellows, greens, even orange! I want a greyish color on the wall with hints of blue in it. I want to add those nickel plated or black rounded/cup drawer and door hardware. I want big glass canisters holding my flour, sugar and brown sugar. I am lost on the floor. Part of my would love to continue the wood from the rest of the house, but I don't think that's possible. :/

So far, I have come across one kitchen that seems to embody it all...it's my favorite

over at...Odd Girl Out.

It has the subway tile backsplash, and the pops of color...the stainless steel...and dark countertops.


It has open shelving, even if it's just a little bit of it.


Open canisters and more pops of color...and look at that tile...gorgeous!


I even love the technically exterior light fixture she used!


*sigh* A girl can dream right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice that you know what you want...so often I have no clue how I want things and by the time I figure it out, it is too late. Seems I only know how to spend money when I don't have it!

AnchorBayTile said...

Great photos! Subway tiles are timeless and fit in well with so many different kitchen designs. We love keeping up on trends so thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails