Friday, November 19, 2010

7 Days of Thankfulness - Day 7 - Faith


First off I have to start by saying...wow. November 17th already!! Well..by the time you read this it will be November 18th. So even more...wow. Are you feeling the urge to Christmas shop yet? Got your Turkey and dressing recipes all ready? Well, at least while you are here...for the next 7 days...take a breather. Stop and remember what you are truly Thankful for.

One of my favorite Family Traditions is each year at Thanksgiving we share our Blessings and Thankfulness on a small 3x5 card, and each of us reads it outloud and we keep each years cards in a "Blessings" tin. This will be our 4 year I believe doing it...and I love going back to all to other years and seeing what God has done for our families! :)

So this year, I thought it would be a great idea to share with you all what I am Thankful for and possibly spur on a few (albeit brief) moments of thankfulness and moments to just think about all the GOOD!

Today. I am THANKFUL first and foremost for my Faith.

I am thankful that I live in a Country where I have the freedom to worship the way I believe. I am thankful for God and His Son's sacrifice on the cross for me so many years ago. He died that I may live and have eternal life. I am thankful for the strength He gives me on the hard days, the people he has put in my life and the many, many, many blessings I have in my life.
I am thankful for the stretching that our Church is experiencing right now, to learn how to love God with a crazy kind of love...that all the world may see.

Without God, or my Faith I wouldn't have these blessings. I wouldn't have much to be thankful for. Thank you God...for everything you have done for me.

On this 7th day till Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Many Titles said...

I am thankful today for baking. It makes me feel better when I haven't made the best of decisions. Ha ha. =)
I will bring you some later.

Related Posts with Thumbnails