Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pandemic.

April writing...

Worst case scenario..."2 million dead. Hospitals overwhelmed. Schools closed. Swaths of empty seats at baseball stadiums and houses of worship. An economic recovery snuffed out."

Nice.

That's what Government officials say will be if the Swine Flu gets "severely out of control." A 2006 report states that Maryland and Virginia hospitals would run out of beds in two weeks during a moderate outbreak. Awesome.

Now I am certainly not a glass-half-empty kind of gal...but that's downright scary and depressing. They say that the government got serious about worst-case planning after the 2005 Bird Flu scare and then again during Hurricane Katrina. So let's hope they have their act together.

My Mother-In-Law is IN Mexico...the very place that the US is urging us NOT to go if we don't have to. That is the birthplace of the Swine Flu. I haven't talked or texted with her yet, to see if she is having to wear a mask...hopefully her vacation isn't ruined. I imagine the resort is taking all all the necessary precautions. Still. Scary.

I have annoying allergies right now. All morning I have been sneezing and blowing my nose, sneezing and blowing my nose. The itchy-watery eyes have held off for now...*fingers crossed.* I walked out to find my car covered in the evil yellow dust that is Pollen this morning. I tried not to breath it in...but well...that remains hard as I need oxygen.

But I will take my little allergies over the piggy-flu symptoms anyday...like fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea...and I dunno...death!

Sigh.

1 comment:

- Sarah :-) said...

You should seriously consider trying some Nasal irrigation: NettiPot or PureSea are amazing. Seriously... it's a little weird to think about, but I did it yesterday and already feel 10 times better! They say you can do it up to 4 times a day to avoid symptoms, or whenever you jsut need relief from symptoms you already have (I will only do it as needed). But it's the simplest, coolest thing - AND you don't get groggy or have side effects from medicine becuase it's NOT medicine!


Score!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails