Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cheese Straws

April writing...

I ran across a recipe yesterday that looked delish. So I decided to give it a try last night. Cheese Straws.

So first, I took my Extra Sharp Cabot Cheddar cheese and grated 2 cups worth. (a little more than the recipe called for...but I got carried away. I like da'cheese.


Then I dropped all my ingredients (minus the milk) into the mixer. Mixed it for a few beats then added in the milk. Then I mixed that all up till a crumbly dough ball formed. Then rolled it out on the counter-o-flour.


I then sliced the pieced (a bit too large actually...ooops) Then I layered them on my Pampered Chef cookie stone and baked them for 12-15 minutes (it actually ended up being closer to 18 minutes, but that's probably because I cut them too big.) And then I had my finished product.


They weren't bad. They just weren't great. I wanted them to be GREAT. Here are a few hiccups. They were too salty for my taste. I think when I make it again, I will only use a teaspoon of salt instead of a tablespoon, and I will use un-salted butter like the recipe calls for...both "oopsies" on my part. (duh...no wonder they were salty!) I will also cut them thinner, thus making them crispier. They were more bread like than crispy.

All in all, I think it's a decent recipe that does deserve another chance. What fun things have you made lately??

1 comment:

- Sarah :-) said...

I learned to make McStudly's family's famous "cheese potatoes" earlier this week... and tonight I'm making "Vermecelli and Rice" so... I'll let you know how those taste. I'll try to remember to take pics tonight, but no promises!!

PS: So are they supposed to be like a crunchy snack? Or... what?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails