Monday, January 03, 2011

I'm going to be cliche...

I'm makin' resolutions...

SHIZAM.

yep...a list of goals...not so much resolutions...albeit it is that time of year and the definition of resolution means:
Aformal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group.

A resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
The act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
The mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
The act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.

A solution, accommodation, or settling of a problem, controversy, etc.
So take your pick, I am doing it...and here are some of my goals:
  • Join Weight Watchers again?
  • Start a friendly weight loss competition with some friends...we all need to have our butts kicked right ladies?
  • Exercising. blechhh.
  • Start couponing, but not all super crazy-like
  • Finish the decor in the Master Bedroom
  • Read my B.I.B.L.E. more.
  • Read more period
  • Get at least $500 into savings.
  • Go to bed earlier.
  • Wake up earlier.
  • Eat breakfast...everyday.
  • Come Springtime...hit my Photography business hard!
  • Get knocked up. :) 
  • Get crafty-er
  • Sew more 
    Gosh,I have more...but I won't bore you with all the details...

    ...and no it has nothing to do with the fact that if I fail, no one but me will know because you didn't even know I had it as a resolution...

    CHEESE. :D

    So...while we are at it...let's see how I am doing on my other list...



    1. Finish all drywalling in the basement. *Getting closer...ceilings are done (except for laundry room) and Craft Studio is nearly complete!!
    2. Recover a chair. *heehee, need to finish painting...but it's been too cold!
    3. Complete our Master Bedroom. (Paint, Furniture & Decor) 
    4. Sew a dress for myself.
    5. Make Sushi from scratch. *It's on the calendar...January 28th. If I have talked to you about coming over when I do it...save that date! :)
    6. Get pregnant.
    7. Pay off Credit Cards. *Here's hoping that taxes will help in this department.
    8. Print out photobooks of my favorite photos. *design is done, now adding photos!
    9. Have a Family Photo taken. Husby and I...and us with the Pups. *riiiggghhhttt
    10. Grow vegetables.
    11. Learn how to use my DSLR in manual mode. 
    12. Start journaling.
    13. Lose 20+ pounds. *Well, I had lost 12, then gained 5, then lost a few more...so I can't really remember where I am...but hoping to start WW again here soon!
    14. Make new curtains for my kitchen. *Fabric purchased!
    15. Successfully launch my Photography business...aePhotography.
    16. Grow out my hair.
    17. Bake my own bread.
    18. Surprise Husby at least once a month with something fun. August,September, October, November, December
    19. Create our "Family Story" wall. *Gotta make the shelves
    20. Organize and add shelving to our Master Bedroom Closet.
    21. Hit 35,000 visitors on our Blog. *Getting so close...almost at 32,657!!
    22. Successfully keep an Orchid for more than 30 days.
    23. Have a successful Yard Sale.
    24. Paint a picture.
    25. Slow dance with Husby.
    26. Go to a show on Broadway.
    27. Hold a puppy.
    28. Make a necklace.
    29. Grow Peonies.
    30. Get Husby to dress up for Halloween. *Well...we didn't get this one done :(
    ehhhhhh that's pretty bad.

    Yeah, so I am NO where near CLOSE to being done...but here's to 2011 and kicking my BUTT into gear!!

    2 comments:

    Brandy said...

    I love that your goal is to be "knocked up" I will change my prayers accordingly.....lol

    Myya said...

    Love your resolutions, I have many of the same ones. You aren't doing too bad on your 30 before 30 list, I hope you get all of them done (well, except for the hubs dressing for Halloween) :)

    Related Posts with Thumbnails