Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HOPE

April writing...

We have been talking about "Hope" at church since the beginning of the year. In fact it is our THEME for the year.

I was turned on to this short movie by my cousin, and after watching the beauty of the story unfold I was reminded again about how strong HOPE can impact our lives. (See the link at the bottom for "The Butterfly Circus.")

I took the following from Dictionary.com:

"hope"
–noun
1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
2. a particular instance of this feeling: the hope of winning.
3. grounds for this feeling in a particular instance: There is little or no hope of his recovery.
4. a person or thing in which expectations are centered: The medicine was her last hope.
5. something that is hoped for: Her forgiveness is my constant hope.
–verb (used with object)
6. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
7. to believe, desire, or trust: I hope that my work will be satisfactory.
–verb (used without object)
8. to feel that something desired may happen: We hope for an early spring.

I think my favorite one is "something that is hoped for." It lines up perfectly to be something connected to our Faith...as you can see in Hebrews 11:1 (which has always been my favorite verse) "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

I strongly urge you to watch the video at the link below for "The Butterfly Circus." It was nothing short of inspiring and a reminder to us all that "out of the ashes, comes beauty." We have room to hope, room to believe...room to have FAITH for better things to come!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails