Thursday, January 14, 2010

Window mis-treatment...

April writing...

This is not OUR window...it's a pic of one I found online...partly because I really wanted to blog about this now...but I forgot the pictures I needed...so here's a start, till I get home and can replace this picture with actual pictures from our home...

So you get the idea...
this is basically how all our bedroom windows look. Short and Wide. Although we don't have three sections, instead we have two...one side is a slider.



Window treatments...curtains...window hair...whatever, we need something. All that hangs there currently are some cheapy window dressings I sewed myself when we first moved in. They normally stay closed (especially in the master bedroom, cause Husby sleeps during the day) The other two rooms, the Office and the Spare Room...they may be parted slightly...enough to let in some light.

But I hate them. They make the windows look stubby. But what am I to use??

If I hang long curtains on...well that wouldn't really work...especially not in the office or the spare room, where would the excess go? On the desk? On the bed? And valances?? HA! That makes the window look even more stubby!

But we need something...I am just at a loss. Ideas? Suggestions??

1 comment:

Greg & Jen Jones said...

What did you decide to do with the short windows? I have the exact same problem (2 in the master bedroom above our bed) and don't know what to do. I was searching for ideas and that is how I came across your blog! I hope you found a fabulous solution so I can use it too! :) I think you found a new follower....

Related Posts with Thumbnails