Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Groundhogs Day

April writing...


Another Groundhog's Day and Punxsutawney Phil from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania did see his shadow so that means there will be 6 more weeks of winter. All I'm saying is, can't we at least offer the joker a piping hot cup o' joe to keep him from running back into his hole?? I don't need 6 more weeks of winter!! If I came out of my warm hole and was greeted by that many people (see photo above) with my bad breath and bed head I would run back in too!!!

Phil predicted that winter will continue for 6 more weeks and other groundhogs like Malverne Mel (Malverne, New York), Wiarton Willie (Wiarton, Ontario), Spanish Joe (Spanish, Ontario), and Shubenacadie Sam (Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia) also has the same prediction.

However, Jimmy the Groundhog (Sun Prairie, Wisconsin), General Beauregard Lee (Snellville, Georgia), Staten Island Chuck (Staten Island, New York City), Woodstock Willie (Woodstock, Illinois), Dunkirk Dave (Dunkirk, New York), and Buckeye Chuck (Marion, Ohio) predicted an early spring. Anyone wanna tell me why the Groundhog HR Dept didn't get the memo to the rest of the fraidey-cat Groundhogs?? *sigh*

According to Groundhog proponents, the yearly forecasts are 75% to 90% accurate. From 1887 to 2010, Punxsutawney Phil has predicted an early spring 14 times out of 113 predictions. According to the Inner Circle, a select group that takes care of Phil, Phil is 100% accurate but StormFax Weather Almanac and the The Groundhog Day Book of Facts opposed in their beliefs. They found out that he has historically been right only one out of three tries, that means about 39% of accuracy. Here's to hoping he had NO clue what he was doing this morning!!

Oh well, what can we do right? I guess we can make the best out of a bad situation...so with that I ask; seeing as how it is Groundhog's Day, which day could you live over and over again?

They asked this question on the radio on my way into work this morning. I had to think long and hard, and I think the one and only day that I think I could live over and over would have to be my wedding day. It was such a good day, great memories, good times and I felt so special all day! But if I were honest, even that day would get old; so maybe I wouldn't wanna have a Groundhog's Day. What about you??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. the groundhog actually has a name. thats fun. ughhh.. I want winter to be over, I want to feel the sand between my toes. : )
~Natalie S.

Related Posts with Thumbnails