Thursday, February 04, 2010

SAG Award Fashions

April writing... The SAG Awards. Let's check out this years Best and Worst...in my opinion.

Let's start with the WORST...



Meryl Streep's blue, green and white printed Balenciaga dress seemed out of place on the seasoned actress. Come on...that's just plain ugly.



Patricia Arquette should have consulted her Medium before she stepped out in a green Riser Goodwyn sequin number! It's hideous. GREEN and SEQUINS...ehh!


Magenta was not a good color choice for the gorgeous Mariska Hardigay, who was out of character in a Vera Wang floor length, which featured a plunging neckline. Mariksa, are you headed to PROM?!



Though her Bobo chic, tiered floor length would have rocked Kate Hudson's world, it didn't look right on Aussie actress Toni Collette. It just doesn't seem to match the glam-level needed for such an event!



Sandra Bullock wore an unconventional black Alexander McQueen floor length which features a c cutout around her chest and cobalt blue, beading detailing. The blue detailing at the top seems so 1990's. I just hate it.


Drew Barrymore really likes to rock unconventional dresses on the red carpet, but this time she really missed the mark in a navy blue, Monique Lhuillier strapless, which featured a dramatic, asymmetrically hemmed tier. I dislike the design of this dress, like it HAD potential but at some point it went dreadfully wrong.

NOW...for the BEST...again...in my opinion...



Kate Hudson redeemed herself from the Marchesa Golden Globes incident, looking absolutely sexy in a backless, white, Emilio Pucci floor length. I'm just gonna say it...her little..."divas"...really helped her pull this off. Very classy and elegant.



Dianna Agron's semi-Grecian style gown featured an interesting neckline, which was a squared take on the sweetheart. Her white floor length was belted in black, and had an awkward sash draping off the front. I think this is just gorgeous. The design and build of the dress is stunning and she rocked the dress!



Julie Benz looked fab in a gorgeously draped Ina Soltani strapless, Giuseppe Zanotti heels and H. Stern jewels. This is probably my absolute favorite dress of the event! It's so gorgeous. I love the color and the design! I would LOVE to wear something like this...*sigh*...one day.



Anna Kendrick dropped jaws, taking a break from winter white in a color happy, purple Alberta Feretti strapless number. this too was a beautiful dress with gorgeous color!


Katrina Bowden stunned in a white Tadashi Shoji strapless, which was made out of hand town chiffon and organza, and belted in black satin sash. This is simply adorable!



Lea Michelle went in another direction. Staying away fro her princess-style gowns, she was gorgeous in a green Catherine Malandrino dress with Tiffany jewels; but then again I ADORE her and there isn't much she could do wrong! :P

Hope you enjoyed the Fashion recap...what are your thoughts?? Favorites?
(and I am not at all sure what the HECK is going on with my fonts and the font color...it's really bugging me...but oh well.)

1 comment:

- Sarah :-) said...

Umm... I know it's weird, but I actually really like the Meryl Streep dress! It's not that dressy for the SAG, but I really like it. I would LOVE to wear it!!

Adn of course Lea Michelle is a doll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails