Monday, March 08, 2010

OSCAR's Fashion 2010

April writing...

It's time again for more Celebrity Fashion...this time, from the Oscars! I have compiled a nice list of DO like and DON'T likes below...(my thoughts are in italics)

Here are my DO's...


Sandra Bullock - The Best Actress winner channeled Old Hollywood in an embroidered lace and metallic Marchesa sheath, which was perfect for showcasing her golden Oscar statuette.
I thought she looked amazing!!


Kate Winslet - Winslet opted for a boring bustier gown by Atelier Yves Saint Laurent and Tiffany & Co. jewels. Though elegant, the dress lacked the flair she’s typically famous for.
I agree. While she is pulling off elegant and classy very well, (of course) it lacks a little spice and sexiness that she can also pull of!


Penelope Cruz - The Spanish beauty was simply ravishing in a dusky red draped Donna Karan gown, chic bun, and Chopard jewels.
I think this color was gorgeous on her; and the dress....stunning!


Mariska Hargitay - The “Law and Order: SVU” actress’ ruffled navy Vera Wang gown accentuated her hourglass figure. Fred Leighton jewels and an elegant updo added to her chic look.
This is totally a stunning color on her!! I wasn't a HUGE fan of the bottom of the dress, seeing the gather at some points, but it didn't ruin it for me.


Elizabeth Banks - The “W.” actress played it safe in a gun metal gray Versace gown, which she accessorized with a Salvatore Ferragamo clutch.
I think it's officially I like fluff at the bottom of the dress...and curvy features added to the bodice! I loved this dress!


Helen Mirren - The Best Actress nominee delivered another command performance in her sparkling silver satin crepe and tulle Badgley Mischka creation. If only we could all look this good at 64!
She is certainly gorgeous for 64! Very classy and elegant! I love that it goes with her hair! :P


Cameron Diaz - Cammie D. epitomized Hollywood glamour in her strapless embellished Oscar de la Renta gown, which she accessorized with a Cartier diamond ring and loose sideswept ‘do.
I hate to even say it, cause I am not a fan of hers...but I really like this dress! And I think she looks so pretty in it! There...I said it. :)


Amanda Seyfried - Although the “Dear John” star’s sculptural Armani Prive gown had a beautiful silhouette, the color and her nude makeup washed out her pale skin tone.
I do agree about the washing out of her skin...but I really do like the dress alot...and I think she is such a pretty girl.

and for my DON'Ts...


Miley Cyrus - The “Hannah Montana” star’s champagne Jenny Packham gown was gorgeous, but the 17-year-old’s hunched posture simply didn’t do it justice.
I don't know, it's something about it being semi lingerie styled at the top...doesn't seem age appropriate to me, plus I feel she needs a bit more "body" to fill it out....


Zoe Saldana - The “Avatar” star took a chance in a violet Givenchy couture gown. We loved the sparkling bodice and ruffled tulle skirt separately, just not together.
Not me. I didn't like ANY of it. It was a hot mess, especially at the bottoms.


Maggie Gyllenhaal - The Best Supporting Actress nominee made a bold choice for the evening with this floral Dries Van Noten column gown. Kudos to Maggie for being one of the few who was willing to take a step outside the generic Oscars red carpet box!
Ehhh, I am not feeling it. I know she can be a bit eccentric, but she is also beautiful and I feel that this dress did nothing for her beauty!


Anna Kendrick - The Best Supporting Actress nominee originally selected a blue dress for her Oscars debut, but had a change of heart and opted to wear an Elie Saab Couture off-the-shoulder blush gown instead. Love the dress, but we’re not too sure about the chunky shoes!
The dress had a CHANCE...(almost) with me...but I agree on the shoes...they look like bad PROM shoes!


Vera Farmiga - The “Up in the Air” Best Supporting Actress nominee looked like she should be serving up sangria in her ruffled flamenco-style Marchesa gown.
There is just alot going on here. I love the color...and I can even handle most of the swooshy-stuff at the bottom...but not at the top. It kind of ruins the dress for me.


Charlize Theron - Although her lilac Christian Dior frock created a controversy due to the strategically placed rosettes on her bust, we loved the two-toned gown’s overall elegant silhouette.
I just don't like the battle for attention going on in the chest region. And the color looks so blaah on her.


Rachel McAdams - Rachel McAdams was another red carpet risk taker in a romantic Elie Saab number. The muted tones and flowing panels of organza and mousseline added to the dress’ fairytale effect.
Oh Rachel. I hate it. It's just...you could do SO much better!


Faith Hill - For some reason, the country songstress opted to go trashy goth for her walk down the Oscar red carpet with her hubby, "The Blind Side" star Tim McGraw. From the extreme lace-embellished slit to the patent-leather bustier, this outfit is a failure from head to toe!
We don't like the lacey-Faithy-leg-peek-a-boo thing going on here...although I am quite sure Husby will! :P


Molly Ringwald - The ‘80s “It Girl” donned a bold purple goddess gown -- which perfectly complemented her fiery red tresses -- to pay tribute to her late “16 Candles” director John Hughes during the Oscars telecast. A chunky arm band completed her look.
Agreed. I like the purple on her...but I still don't love the dress.


Nicole Richie - Richie appeared ready to disco the night away at Studio 54 in a sequined Reem Acra dress and Judith Leiber clutch. Although she looked quite sophisticated, the vintage-style gown threatened to overwhelm her waif-like figure.
No. No. No. boring.


Diane Kruger - You can always count on the “Inglourious Basterds” star to don something fashion forward such as this cream and black Chanel couture number. But like the floral embellishment in the middle, we’re divided on this gown.
Ehhhh no. Hot mess.


Kathy Ireland - ABC’s red carpet correspondent would have scored a higher mark if we were just grading the gown, but we couldn’t take our eyes off that disastrous updo!
I too cannot get past the hair to even look at the dress...is there a face under there? Was she hiding some acne?

???


Demi Moore - The 47-year-old was sexy yet sophisticated in a ruffled silk organza Atelier Versace number. Congrats go out Demi for skillfully matching her skin tone to her gown!
I really couldn't decide if I liked this dress or not?! All I know is she looks super tiny!
Thoughts?

And for the guys...


Taylor Lautner - The “Twilight” heartthrob popped his signature lopsided pose in a Dolce & Gabbana ensemble.
He certainly looks dapper...but why does it always look like he smells something bad?


Ryan Reynolds - The hunky actor dressed to impress in a beautifully tailored tux. Scarlett Johansson is a lucky girl indeed!
One word. HOT.


Zac Efron - It’s easy to see why Zac had all the young ladies screaming at him from the red carpet bleachers.
Ok, the skinny tie is growing on me...and Zac Efron is just a cutie-pah-tootie!


Robert Downey Jr. - The “Sherlock Holmes” star (with wife Susan Downey) was a fan favorite in his outrageous ensemble. Only RDJ could pull off casual kicks and a turquoise bow tie at the Academy Awards!
I just don't have words...it's totally a DON'T for me.

If you liked this post, you may also like these:

Oscars Fashion Peek 2009
Golden Globes Fashion 2010
Grammy Fashion 2010
SAG Awards Fashion 2010

2 comments:

Genesis said...

You had my cracking up with your comment about Taylor Lautner! I always wonder the same thing!!

MrsMonicaLB said...

good reviews!
Elizabeth Banks dress and Helen Mirren are my favorites.
Zoe Saldana looks like she has a poodle at her feet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails