Monday, March 15, 2010

So many ways to work a pole...

April writing...

Get your minds out of the gutter people! :P

I am talking about the poles in our basement...support poles.

As you know, we are finishing the basement...slowly. We have framed it all in...well 90% of it that is. We have decided/mostly on how to finish under the stairs, and we have talked about wall sconces for the stairway.

Now...it's these darn poles. We have three of them.
I want to box them in. Like this...





I think Husby is wanting to wrap them like this...



They even make tables for the wrapping...



Seems kinda cheesy to me, but I guess I can see how it would be helpful if you were stuck with a pole in the middle of your living room! :)

So, thoughts?? Wrap of Box-in our poles?

5 comments:

Angie said...

You could always put carpet around them so your children could get rug burns their arms as they swing around them all the time. Sound familiar?

Angie said...

I was actually a little bit scared when I first saw the title of this blog.........

MrsKristinClark said...

I am a fan of the column look!
Have you investigated the hollow ones at Home Depot ... near the trim.

Yay for home improvement!!!

Cory E. :) said...

I like both ideas. I am up for anything that doesn't make the poles any bigger. I really like that table wrapped around the pole.

Many Titles said...

BOX!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails