Thursday, March 18, 2010

What the ???

April writing...

I just...I'm...floored.

Really?

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Parents of a three-year-old could face charges after their son was left at Caesarland Restaurant in Warren.



Officers say they were contacted by the restaurant's manager Saturday at about 9:00 p.m. They were told that employees had found the boy and that none of the customers knew who he was.

The boy was taken to police headquarters, were he was placed in the custody of Child Protective Services. He was then placed into foster care temporarily.

Then, at around 1:00 p.m. on Monday, Caesarland's Corporate Security Department contacted police to report that a man was at the restaurant asking about his missing 3-year-old son. He was taken to police headquarters for questioning.

Officers say, when questioned, the man and the boy's mother told them that they both thought the other had taken the boy home. The couple does not live together.

However, officers also say they discovered the boy was missing Sunday, and did not do anything to locate him until Monday. They could face charges. They had taken the boy to the restaurant for his birthday.


Watch the VIDEO here.


Ok, let's think for a second that I could actually see it happen, one thinks the other has the boy, etc. Heck, I think my parents even left my younger sister at a Pizza Hut after dinner with some friends from church years ago...but they came RIGHT back!!! They didn't WAIT A DAY!!!??

That's what floors me.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Regina said...

That's insane. Maybe the day lapse because the parents went to different destinations?

But no matter the reason... it is *not* ok!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I know, this story just got me... I had it in my newscast earlier this week, but I couldn't let it go (hence today's headline). Why are some people allowed to be parents?

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Unknown said...

Did they miss the 11 pm announcement that says..."It's 11 o'clock, do you know where your children are?" hahaha (That used to come on each evening before the news.)

Seriously though, if you were the parent he was "supposed" to be with, how wouldn't you notice that he wasn't with you. And, follow up with the other parent to be sure you didn't leave him. Any parent will tell you that there has been at least one time (probably more) that they haven't been able to locate their child and have checked with neighbors.

For goodness sake, Colin (age 10) has gone off with his friends riding his bike around the neighborhood without asking/telling me and I've noticed he's not nearby within minutes. Then begins the talking to neighbors to see if their kids told them where the group was going.

Wait til Monday...criminal.
Goes to show...we really do need to hand out a parenting manual.

- Sarah :-) said...

True and False... they left me, alright. I called crying from Pizza Hut and the Toomeys took me home. *sigh

I still can't get enough of those cheese sticks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails